Friday, March 9, 2018

Scout and JJ

We love our dogs! I also teach guitar so when my students come in, Scout and JJ love to come in and say hi. The students love to see Scout and JJ, too!



This is my favorite picture of Scout.
We took him camping this year and he is such a good dog in the car, and while we're camping.
Not many dogs will wear sunglasses so we can take a photo!
Do you know that some dogs are so special that people remember their birthdays? We remember Scout's birthday. So does the woman who owned us before we did. She always sends a birthday text for him.

I sent her this video so she could see that he is happy at our house.
Scout loves to herd any of the animals on our farm. Sometimes he helps us get animals from one area of the farm to another area of the farm. Even though he loves herding the goats and the cow, he doesn't mind watching over the chickens one bit! Scout's favorite thing in the world is to be with the livestock!


This is JJ.
Can you tell the difference between JJ and Scout?
They look alike, but not exactly the same.
They aren't even brother and sister!
JJ sits here every morning waiting for her treat.
She and Scout share the first few squirts of milk from Echo.


JJ's favorite thing in the world is to eat! She loves to eat so much that she gobbles her food down and then eats Scout's food. This is how we slow her down. She has to work for her food.




*     *     *     *     *     *

Echo is like a big dog. She is so friendly and loves attention. She loves getting pet, and she knows her name, just like the dogs. 


As I walk out to milk in the morning I call Echo and she comes out of the barn, or gets up if she's laying down. I can call her from the backyard when I'm weeding and she comes over to eat the weeds that I've pulled. I can even call her from window and she starts looking around to see who is calling her, and where they are.

When we're done milking Echo in the morning she loves to get a hug. She is a sweet cow!

She loves being scratched under her neck, on the sides of her neck,
and on top of her head.


Have a great week! I hope you are still doing something kind for someone else every day!

No comments: