Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Prayer Shawl Number 3

Here is the last Prayer Shawl I have made in memory of my mother who passed away in July. It will be sent to my sister's church.

Someone was wondering why I was sending the Prayer Shawls to other churches. The reason is that the Savior did something for me that I cannot do for myself--he saved me. I am doing something for my sisters and my mother that they cannot do--I am knitting Prayer Shawls.

The table is new this year, so is the umbrella. One of the reasons I got them earlier this spring was because my Mom was going to come this fall and spend two weeks with us and she sat outside often. She would have arrived last Wednesday and would have been here for another week. So, these two weeks are especially hard because I think about all the things we would have been doing while she was here.

Have a blessed day. Try to do something for someone else that they cannot do for themselves.

2 comments:

Grandma Elsie said...

I said a prayer for God to send you comfort how ever he thinks,
i miss my Mom too but this Sunday the 13 is my oldest daughter's 41 birthday in Heaven,She was killed by a drunk driver at the age of 4. She would have been 5 years old in less than 2 months when she was killed.
I know that miss them feeling all too well. But I know her and her daddy are walking around heaven together and that helps me .
God be with you and send you peace and even joy ...

TJ said...

Thank you Elsie.

I can't imagine what it is like to loose a little child in such a senseless way. I know what it is like to loose a brother and a sister, and I am grateful that I still have all my children.

It made it much easier to let my mother go since I knew she would be greeted by her son, her parents, and her two brothers.

I have often thought it was interesting that I am drawn to and enjoy the comfort of those who have had great challenges to overcome in their lives. You are one that has often touched me with your posts and your comments here.

How grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who constantly and consistently watches over us all.