Friday, January 6, 2017

It's Cold!

Welcome back!

I hope you had a nice Christmas Break. We had a nice one, everyone in our family was home! That's the best present parents can get!

Thank you for sending me some questions. I love getting your questions because then I know what things you want me to tell you about.


I think this question says, "Do you have dogs?"
Yes, we have dogs. 
JJ just had a birthday on January 3rd.

Matt is JJ's favorite person in the world! She loves him!

She even likes to sleep on his bed with him!



Our dogs know how to herd the animals.
They know how to move animals from one area to another.
They keep an eye out for strangers at the barn gate, too.
Please send me more questions. Please use your best handwriting so I can read them.


*     *     *     *     *     *

Dale is riding the goats again, so her leg is almost better!
She still limps a little bit, but she's strong enough to fly up and ride the goats again.

*     *     *     *     *     *


Oh, my!
Matt forgot to collect the eggs last night.
It was so cold that they froze.
We have to throw the cracked eggs away because once they are
cracked all sorts of germs can get inside.
That might make us sick.
It was very, very cold last night!

It was so cold that our new frost-free hydrant froze. 
We were frustrated this morning because these aren't supposed to freeze.
That means we had to carry a lot of buckets of water from the house out to the barn so the animals could drink today.

As long as the animals have enough food and water, and a place to get out of the wind and snow, they can stay warm, even when it's really cold.

What do you think these are?
My feet get very cold when we're outside so last year for Christmas my daughter got me electric insoles. They charge all night. They fit inside my boots and have a switch to turn them on. They keep my toes toasty warm while I'm outside working in the barn on cold mornings.


We have to clean out Echo's stall every day,
even if it's really cold outside!
We wish she would always poo outside the stall,
but cows and other farm animals poo where ever they stand.
Ewwww! Yuck!

What do you think we do with all the piles of poo?

*     *     *     *     *     *

We give the animals some vitamins and minerals every day. Do you take vitamins every day?
Sometimes the animals don't like them so we hide them inside pieces of bananas.

If you look closely you can see two vitamin pills pushed inside the banana.
They love the minerals so I roll the banana around inside the bag of minerals.
They think they are getting a yummy treat when they get a
piece of banana rolled around in the minerals!


I hope you have a great week!

No comments: