Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oregon Trail Quilt: Rocky Mountain Puzzle

I loved this block! I don't know if it is the colors or the pattern, but I like it either way!

The directions for the block are for two fabrics, I really wanted a third color since most of my blocks have three fabrics in them, so I used a different color for the center block and for the corner blocks. The half square triangles are made out of the two fabrics that the store provided.

Photo of the finished 6" blocks.

You should be able to click on the image above and then right-click and save as to your computer.

The directions at Quilter's Cache are for an 8" block.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Are you saving your blocks for a special project or do you make a whole quilt out of them?

TJ said...

They are going into a quilt. The Free Block of the Month Class is wonderful because I get to try 12 different blocks each year. One quilt a year doesn't sound like much, but little by little I've learned so much!