Saturday, May 5, 2012

Removing Advertising from Plastic Clips

I should be out in the garden, but my knees and hips hurt so much that I really don't want to push on a shovel!

Instead, I'm blogging because that's much easier on my knee!

Hubby brings home lots of stuff from Trade Shows. He's a chemist and works and consults in a number of different industries.

Most of the stuff goes to Blondie's 3rd Grade Classroom for prizes for the kids. But I snag a few of the brightly colored magnetic clips for the fridge.

But I don't like the advertising on them.

Here's how to get rid of it. (Not saying it will work for you, but I've done this a few times and it's worked for me every time.)

Clip with advertising on it.

First thing I do is scrub off the advertising with an SOS pad. I think any steel wool pad with a bit of soap would work. That leaves scratches behind.

I used an old nail buffer to smooth out the surface.

And all the scratches are smoothed away!
 I took off one side of a nail buffer block because it was easier to hold and the block was old. Once in a while I have to use side 3 and then side 4 to get the plastic smooth.

I've also done this on scratched piano keys and it's worked well there, too!

Have you used this trick on plastic, too? Please let me know what you've used it for. I love hearing your ideas!

No comments: