Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's!

We woke up this morning to snow on the ground! It is a beautiful site--no mud!

This afternoon the snow is gone except for a few places on the north side of rocks and trees. It's nice to see it in the morning and have it gone in the afternoon.

Poor little Rosie (one of the goat kids) was shivering when I went out this morning. I covered her with my coat for a little while. I think she was cold because she wasn't really used to the snow and blowing. She still has her sweater on, although it is getting a bit small for her. My good friend said that someone did a study with sheep and found that it was helpful to keep them in 'lammie jammies' or 'wool-overs' until they were a month old. After a month, there was no difference in growth pattern. We've always kept sweaters on for two weeks. This year we're leaving them on for a month.

It was a nice morning for a fire in the woodstove! Son1 lit the fire, and Vet2Be and I enjoyed the warmth. Vet2Be has lots of work to catch up on. He's still a bit sick, but he is on the mend! His cough is almost gone. I milked on time this morning, but being the mean mom that I am, I made the animals wait until Vet2Be could get out to feed and water them. Don't worry too much, they all had food and plenty of water from last night. I think it is good for Vet2Be to work a bit when he is sick. Most adults have to, and if he wants to be a veterinarian, he's going to have to learn how to work when he is a little sick.

No comments: