Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Never enough...

Some days I feel as if I am far behind and will never catch up. Some days I wonder what I have really accomplished during the day, the week, the month, or in the past year.

One nice thing about blogging or journaling (yes, I keep a journal, too) is that I can look back and see that there have been many things that I have done over the past year. There are things I have learned and things that I have accomplished.

Winter is coming, perhaps that is the reason I look back and wonder if I got enough done through the spring and summer. It seems that there are never enough hours in a day to do all the things that need to be done.

The good thing is that I am never bored and I don't have time to watch TV. I find joy and satisfaction in the many other things that I do each day, knitting, quilting, making cheese, making soap, playing guitar, visiting with friends, helping neighbors, teaching Vet2Be, spinning, and blogging.

We were told in a recent sermon to find some quiet time each day to listen to the Holy Spirit and to learn more of what our Heavenly Father wants us to do. It is a blessing to have to milk every morning and to spend time with the animals each day. It gives me and Vet2Be a chance to ponder and meditate while our hands are busy.

Work is a blessing. I am grateful that we have so much of it in our lives.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

You just said exactly how I've been feeling lately! Only I don't even have time any more to go out and spend a few min. with the animals, and could use a little more quite time working.

TJ said...

Even though we're tired some mornings I look forward to being someplace where the phone doesn't ring, someplace where we hear the chicks peep, the chickens cluck, the turkeys funny noises and the goats talking. It is very peaceful :)

I know you work full-time as well as have your cute little boy. I imagine there isn't much time for anything else!