Friday, February 23, 2018

A Little About Eggs

I think I need new boots. 

The hole is so big that snow and water get my feet wet and cold.
What do your boots look like when they wear out?




This is a question that I hear sometimes from people who visit the farm, too.

No, if you buy eggs from the grocery store they will not hatch. They can't hatch. In order for an egg to turn into a chick it has to have both a mother and a father, the egg needs to have a hen that lays it and a rooster in the barnyard.

Eggs that you buy from the grocery store come from big farms. They don't keep roosters. It doesn't make any sense for them to feed a rooster that won't give them eggs. That's a waste of money for them to feed an animal that doesn't give them anything in return.




Here's a fun video! I was able to see Scout and Carson, the neighbor's horse, playing along the fence. They had been playing and chasing each other up and down the fence for about 5 minutes before I could get out there and take a video.

Carson doesn't mind Scout because Scout doesn't bark at him. A lot of times Scout lays down and watches Carson from our side of the fence. Scout doesn't do anything to scare Carson because he's trained to work with animals.

I hope you have a wonderful time in the snow this weekend!

No comments: