Sunday, September 9, 2012

Visiting The Gardens

My Aunt and Uncle came to visit for a few days. It was wonderful to see them! She's never been to our home before and I was a little nervous that our house might not be clean enough for guests since I've spent so much time this summer doing things other than taking care of the house and yard this summer.

I spent quite a few days cleaning! It seemed as if every time I turned around there was more sheet rock dust to clean up!

We had a lovely time while they were here. We visited a local garden that was beautiful! Lucky for us the gardens were having a tomato tasting! In our state we don't have wine tasting (we might, but I don't know of any) but we have tomato tasting! Yum!

These are my favorites! I hope to find some seeds and grow some next year.

All the tomatoes are heirloom varieties. Here's the tasting table.

What the tomatoes look like before they are cut up for us to taste.
Here are photos of the gardens.





















No comments: