Friday, January 28, 2011

Quilting

Photos of the quilt squares for the new quilt I am working on.

Here is the basic layout for the quilt when it gets done. The stars in the photo are just place holders, each star in the finished quilt will be a different star.

LeMoyne Star--paper pieced.

This one will look better in the quilt because it will be on point, set into the quilt like a diamond, instead of a square as the photo shows.


This one took alot of work! I think this single block took about 2 1/2 hours to sew! The ladies at the quilt store call it "Christmas Star".

I changed this one just a bit from the original design. The center black square is supposed to be bigger, but I decided to make the black part smaller by putting a red boarder on it.
So that's one of my winter projects! Not done yet, and probably won't be done by kidding season. I try to finish one quilt a year. Last year's quilt is still all in blocks and not sewn into a top yet. Sigh.... that is sometimes the way it is with quilting.

No comments: