Tuesday, October 13, 2009

German Pancakes

We love German Pancakes made from duck eggs. They are so much better than when they are made from chicken eggs.

Here is the recipe I use:
  • 4 duck eggs
  • 2/3 cup goat milk
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • dash salt
I blend all the ingredients in a blender while the oven is heating to 400˚ F. I have a wonderful old cast-iron fry pan that I put in the oven with about 2 Tablespoons of butter in it when the oven gets to about 350 ˚F. This recipe works best when the fry pan is heated before I put in the pancake mixture, but I don't want the pan in the oven too soon or the butter burns.

When the butter is melted and the pan is heated, I pour the mixture into the pan and set the timer for 18 minutes.

This is what comes out of the oven! Yummy! Vet2Be can eat a whole one all by himself.


Our family likes to top their German Pancake with Cherry Pie Filling or powdered sugar. Fruit and whipped cream would also be delicious!

No comments: